- RSS Channel Showcase 5787804
- RSS Channel Showcase 5141722
- RSS Channel Showcase 1828940
- RSS Channel Showcase 1368148
Articles on this Page
- 11/17/11--20:26: _Obama hails Aquino ...
- 08/29/13--23:23: _Hagel: US not seeki...
- 03/08/14--17:22: _PH not rushing acco...
- 05/09/14--23:39: _US: PH troops ‘impr...
- 05/10/14--06:23: _US hopes PH troops ...
- 10/16/14--01:45: _Laude case bolsters...
- 10/16/14--04:52: _SC to call for oral...
- 10/21/14--20:21: _Santiago: VFA a ‘fa...
- 03/05/16--09:51: _When PH was the onl...
- 06/01/16--09:50: _Rody won’t rely on ...
- 10/05/16--10:29: _Where has the love ...
- 10/17/16--09:25: _After harsh words, ...
- 10/22/16--12:43: _China under no illu...
- 10/25/16--09:21: _Duterte: I’m not a ...
- 10/25/16--09:30: _Tokyo wary over Dut...
- 10/25/16--10:31: _Duterte praises Jap...
- 10/25/16--10:33: _Japan firm to impor...
- 10/25/16--11:07: _Duterte, PM Abe to ...
- 12/16/16--09:58: _Moving on from Amer...
- 11/14/17--05:06: _Trump says PH a ‘st...
- 11/17/11--20:26: Obama hails Aquino reforms
- 08/29/13--23:23: Hagel: US not seeking bases in PH but more ‘rotational presence’
- 03/08/14--17:22: PH not rushing accord with US–Palace
- 05/09/14--23:39: US: PH troops ‘impressive’ in Balikatan drills
- 10/16/14--01:45: Laude case bolsters need to review VFA further—Palace
- 10/16/14--04:52: SC to call for oral arguments on Edca ‘soon’
- 10/21/14--20:21: Santiago: VFA a ‘failure’ as PH still attached to ‘former colonizer’
- 03/05/16--09:51: When PH was the only door open to fleeing Jews
- 06/01/16--09:50: Rody won’t rely on longtime PH ally US
- 10/05/16--10:29: Where has the love gone? US asks PH
- 10/17/16--09:25: After harsh words, Duterte says he’s not angry with US, UN
- 10/22/16--12:43: China under no illusion PH will pivot away from US
- 10/25/16--09:21: Duterte: I’m not a ‘tuta’
- 10/25/16--09:30: Tokyo wary over Duterte’s policy, manners
- 10/25/16--10:31: Duterte praises Japan for help to Philippines
- 10/25/16--10:33: Japan firm to import PH bananas
- 10/25/16--11:07: Duterte, PM Abe to discuss maritime defense cooperation
- 12/16/16--09:58: Moving on from America’s dark history in PH, Part 1
- 11/14/17--05:06: Trump says PH a ‘strategic location’ for any military posturing
President Barack Obama commended President Benigno Aquino III for his leadership and “reforms” in government during a meeting before noon Friday on the sidelines of the 19th Association of Southeast Asian Nations Summit here.
US Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel announced on Friday that the United States was not seeking to build permanent military bases in the Philippines but an increase in “rotational presence to benefit both our militaries”.
The post Hagel: US not seeking bases in PH but more ‘rotational presence’ appeared first on Inquirer Global Nation.
The Philippines said Saturday it would not rush to complete a defense accord with the United States just so it could be sealed by the time President Barack Obama comes to visit next month.
With the Balikatan exercises in full-swing, US and Philippine troops held platoon live fire drills here on Saturday with the locals taking the lead in a performance that their counterparts found “impressive”.
They could have been in Zamboanga City all over again except that this time, they’re not.
The post US hopes PH troops could use ‘principles’ of combat in conflict situations appeared first on Inquirer Global Nation.
The death of a transgender allegedly in the hands of a US Marine strengthened the need to further review the Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) to ensure that the country’s interests are promoted and that justice is served to Filipinos, a Malacanang spokesman said Thursday.
The post Laude case bolsters need to review VFA further—Palace appeared first on Inquirer Global Nation.
Chief Justice Maria Lourdes Sereno said the Supreme Court will soon call for an oral argument over questions about the legality of the Enhanced Defense Cooperation Agreement (Edca).
Senator Miriam Defensor-Santiago called the 15-year-old Visiting Forces Agreement (VFA) a "failure" because it merely served to keep the Philippines attached to its "former colonizer" the United States (US).
The post Santiago: VFA a ‘failure’ as PH still attached to ‘former colonizer’ appeared first on Inquirer Global Nation.
The Nazis had robbed Lottie Hershfield of her childhood all too soon. She was just 7 years old when Germany, her place of birth, no longer felt like home.
President-elect Rodrigo Duterte on Tuesday described Chinese leader Xi Jinping as a “great president” and said the Philippines would not rely on the United States for long-term security, hinting that frosty relations with China would soon warm and signaling greater independence from Washington in dealing with Manila’s territorial dispute with Beijing in the South China Sea.
Practically asking where the love has gone, a US Embassy official on Wednesday said President Duterte’s latest outbursts were at odds with the long and warm ties between the Philippines and the United States.
After calling US President Barack Obama a “son of bitch,” scrapping annual war games and threatening to sever relations with Washington, President Duterte insisted on Sunday that he was not angry with the United States.
The post After harsh words, Duterte says he’s not angry with US, UN appeared first on Inquirer Global Nation.
BEIJING (The Straits Times/ ANN)—Chinese media and officials are silent on Philippine President Duterte’s effusive praise of China and his remarks on “separation from the United States.”
The post China under no illusion PH will pivot away from US appeared first on Inquirer Global Nation.
A day after softening his remarks about a “separation” from the United States, President Duterte on Tuesday lashed out again at the longtime Philippine ally and said Washington could forget a defense arrangement with Manila in his latest jarring statement about the future of the alliance.
TOKYO—Mind your manners is the unsolicited advice of officials here to President Duterte.
TOKYO—President Duterte was all praises for Japan for all the assistance it was providing the Philippines, but could not contain his anger and once more lashed out at the United States and the European Union for their criticism of his antidrug war.
TOKYO—A deal to import $220 million worth of Philippine bananas by Japan annually is in the pipeline and it is also aimed at providing a sustained source of livelihood to rebel returnees and beneficiaries of the agrarian reform program, according to House Speaker Pantaleon Alvarez.
President Duterte on Tuesday began his three-day state visit to Japan to discuss maritime defense cooperation and to attract official aid and private investments in high-impact projects in transportation and infrastructure.
The post Duterte, PM Abe to discuss maritime defense cooperation appeared first on Inquirer Global Nation.
Click HERE for article
The post Moving on from America’s dark history in PH, Part 1 appeared first on Inquirer Global Nation.
The Philippines is a strategic location for any military posturing, said President Donald Trump before leaving the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) summit in Manila.
The post Trump says PH a ‘strategic location’ for any military posturing appeared first on Inquirer Global Nation.